Once again, Phagans School of Hair Design has been selected to participate in the Rose Festival. On June 9, prior to the coronation of the Queen, teams of Phagans students will do make-up and hair for the Rose Festival Princesses.
This Rose Festival event will be filmed live on News Channel 8, and the selected makeup and hair artists will receive special perks and tickets, compliments of the Rose Festival.
The selection process for this event is competitive. The application process for students includes the following:
1. Choose a partner(s). There will be three max to a group – two is okay.
2. Write a brief “joint” essay as to why you want to do this and have it turned in to the Director of Education by Friday, April 27.
3. You must have an 85% SAP.
4. You must NOT be over-contract.
5. All qualifying applicants must agree to an interview with appropriate staff. The interview will be on May 2 and 3 for day students and May 7 from 5:30-6:30 for night students. You will need a manikin with an updo and make-up completed on one team member.
6. Each princess will have two-three students work on her.
7. If you qualify and are chosen, you will need to be at the Lloyd Center at 5:00 a.m. on June 9, 2012. The exact location is TBA.
8. Qualified students who are chosen will be notified on May 8.
Ten runners from the freshman students and back class students will also be selected to help out.